 Castle / 20355
    Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
   Hi all! This is my first post on LUGNET, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm 15 years old, and just joined LUGNET recently. (Member 2530) I thought I'd post my latest MOC, a Castle Gate, and a slightly older MOC, a Castle Corner Tower, together. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —Thomas Garrison
     (...) I like it. Some elements---particularly the use of 2x2x3 slopes and the windows---add a great deal of visual interest to what could otherwise be boring walls. Unfortunately, they also make it prohibitivly expensive to make a whole castle/town. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
     (...) Thanks! It would indeed be too expensive to make a huge MOC with this design: Both the grey 2x2x3 slopes and the grey 1x2 tiles are fairly expensive parts in large quantities. (...) Unfortunately there isn't anything to see: It's just filled (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —Thomas Garrison
     (...) Jojo discovered them a few years ago (URL) the link to the picture is dead) Here's a pic (URL) one on the right is more rare. (...) My mistake, sort of. I had just been looking at the back of the wall, under the railing. Except for that one (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —Josh Wedin
     Hey John, Way to go! These are quite good. That wall is massive. I am a big fan of scenery and yours is good. The trees are well done and the stone foundation of your walls are a nice touch. Most people don't include that. So many walls come right (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
     (...) Thanks! I believe scenery is half the MOC! I agree that far too many castles "come right up out of the grass," and wanted to do something different. About the sizing of the wall: I tried to make it not overly huge, but a bit more realistically (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —Pawel Nazarewicz
     John, I love both of these creations. Having worked on a similiar gate myself, I could see how much time must have gone into building it. I really liked that you had your walls built on a rocky elevation and not just on baseplates. While they would (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
     (...) Thanks! The gate was built over most of the summer, on and off. I put in lots of time, but it was spread in short bursts over the course of a couple months. It also involved quite a bit of waiting for the figures. (...) While making the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —Keith Goldman
     Hey John, its about time you posted to lugnet. You already know I really dig this mocs, can't wait to see what you come up with next. -Keith (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
     (...) Thanks Keith, I've thought about joining and posting on LUGNET for a while now, but never really got serious about it. Now I'm glad I have. Space is in the works next! - If you want a pic or two email me sometime. :-) John. (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —David Gregory
   (...) Excellent use of 75° slopes, nice stone buildup on the ground, full brick trees, a portcullis made of plates, only true grays and brown--the list goes on and on. These are some great castle MOC's. Keep up the good work and welcome to LUGNET! (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower —John Langrish
   (...) Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and especially that you liked the brick trees: I was, and am, very unsure of them. On one hand I like the "fullness" of them, but on the other I think they might be a bit too solid and blocky. Thanks again, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)