 Castle / 17336
  My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! Recently I've postes some fairytalish teaser pics. Now the whole building is completed and on BrickShelf. (URL) me, I'm a link!>> (URL) me, I'm a link!>> (URL) me, I'm a link!>> This is the tower of Greisbart the Mage. He is just a wizard (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Wow, Jojo...this is stunning. Everything from the big details like the construction of the tower itself right down to locking the dragon's gate so he doesn't get out - amazing. Some of my favorite things about this MOC: -the trees...wow. -that (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Well, a stunningly impresseive endeavor as always, Jojo! I see you placed a nice deal of fidelity into the design, especially the central repository of the tower, the outward spires and the arrangement of various ormanmentations and foliage (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Wow! Looks great. The building is beautiful, with the excellent exterior architecture, the detailed interiors, and the awesome spiral staircase and stained glass window. However, I think my favorite part of the design is the landscaping detail (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Very impressive. I really like the corner bits at the top, using hinges to get the windows at a 45 degree angle to the main body of the tower. Which those then lead to the top part which is twisted as well. The labratory is a sight too. All (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) one word - Genius everything, just everything I love the transpernt round and rectangle windows, I love the balcony that made from light gray goblets, the stairs, the fireplace, the mixture with the outside tree and plants and most of all the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) -snip- Jojo, This is easily one of the best MOC I've seen in a long while. A true masterpiece in everything that comes to mind from castle lego. Wow. Wow. I'd love to be able to actually see this thing. I love the stained glass windows! I love (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Casper (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) This is such an amazing MOC. I am speachless about the overwhelming amount of details. Can't wait to see the building in real life this weekend! Leg Godt! Ben (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Breathtaking! Jojo, I love the way you can take bricks and make them become things we never would have imagined. The level of detail is outstanding. (I love the way you made the balcony railing from goblets.) I want to live in that tower. Stephen (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Raaaaaaaa ... I'm dying ! Help, please ! It's so ... and ... Raaaaaaaa !!! For sure, the best castle MOC I've ever seen. Really great and genius work, full of detail. It gives me dozen of ideas for my next castle ;-) Thanks for sharing ! Denix ____ (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Wow, I just have one word to say/write: PERFECT ! see ya in berlin on the weekend :) Kai (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Jojo, This is an excellent creation! As has been said, the detail is superb and the whole tower feels complete in its setting. I have to agree with Jason Spears that: (...) I used such an "unconventional" construction technique on a past (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Jojo, there is not much left to say that hasn't already been said. The tower is truly epic. The trees and exterior in general is inspiring. Well done. -Keith (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

I'd just like to echo what others have said. Top creation with shedloads of detail there. The trees look great, the windows are great, hey even the drainage is great. I really like the detailing at the top of the tower with all its nice angles. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) My my, this is a real treat. So many things to look at, and wonderfully photographed! Nice use of light with all the trans pieces. I love the library and laboratory, and the windows. And the trees and architecture and grounds. And the spiral (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello Chris! Thanks for your comments! (...) Credits for the design of the staircase go to Juergen Luettgen who gave me the final suggestion for the placement of the lowest step. (...) Exceptionally thanks for this critical remark! I got so much (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thanks! (...) I tried to work as exact as possible while letting some things look as random as possible :-) Thanks for your comment! Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thanks a lot! (...) Well... Some of the trees (in fact the more spectacular ones like the birch and the weeping willows) are recycled from former MOCs and just slightly revised. (...) Hehe, I myself like the balkony. Especially the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) That's exactly the truth. I firstly built the corner turrets that confronted me with the problem how to attach a proper roof to them. So the 45 degree angle of the corners lead to the same degree of the whole top part. (...) I didn't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Oh... blushes No. (...) Well, what can I say? I'm glad you liked it. Thanks a lot! Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Wow... Thank you very much for this compliment! (...) If you had taken a flight to Berlin-Tegel last weekend you would have been able to :-) You did not and so you missed a lot of very great MOCs and a great AFOL meeting... It's a pity (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thanks, Casper! Now you have seen it and so you can take a deep breath. :-) I hope you enjoyed your stay in Berlin! Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hallo Ben! (...) Danke, danke! Freut mich, daß Dir die Bilder gefallen haben. Ich hoffe, das Original minderte diesen Eindruck nicht :-) Tschüß Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) Ach watt, Jojo! Wie immer war das Original noch weit beeindruckender: die 'verdrehte' Turmspitze hatte es echt in sich.... Eben habe ich erstmal wieder das lugnet mit Hinweisen auf die <www.fgltc.org www.fgltc.org> zugespammt. Bringe ich hier (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thanks, Stephen! That's a great compliment. I'm glad you like it. (...) Oh, be carefull with your wishes! There's no bed in this tower :-) Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) I hope you are still alive? I would miss your MOCs. (...) Thank you very much! However, I doubt that serisously. There have been shown so many great castle MOCs here that I wouldn't consider my tower the best. It surely is not bad (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hi Kai! Thanks for your comment! (...) Aber nicht doch. Das perfecte MOC gibt es doch nicht... (...) Tja, leider nicht :-( Tschüß Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thank you very much! (...) I'll try my very best :-) Bye Jojo Slowly getting tired... (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! (...) Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! Thanks for your comment! (...) To tell the truth the form of the top part was a result of not really knowing how to sculpture it. I just put bricks on bricks straight on... Anyway, I'm quite pleased with how it looks myself :-) Bye Jojo, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! Thank you very much! (...) Indeed I tried to take some good pictures. In my opinion a well built MOC deserves well taken pictures. It wasn't easy to photograph the stained glass windows with light shining through. 9V light bricks didn't work (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) There is no bathroom either, but when one is made of plastic it doesn't matter. The interior of the tower looks very comfortable (for a minifig.) Stephen (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

(...) ok....nearly perfect... :) (...) nächtestmal bestimmt. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hi Jojo, I have been meaning to write about your tower for quite a while but have been to busy. Anyway, there isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. The only thing I think to critique is the lack of a bedroom, but maybe this guy (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My new MOC: Greisbart the Mage's Tower

Hello! Thanks for your comment! (...) Well, there still was this chamber in the topsection below the roof that was without a function. Ofcourse it was at all times meant to be the bedroom... (URL) me, I'm a link!>> Now there just remains the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)