 Castle / 17271
Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:15:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, George Haberberger wrote:
"Hello boat, come to and show yourself. Be warned, if you try anything, you will
have an arrow shaft in your chest before you can lift your bow!"

"Hush Bjarne, if I meant to harm to you and the garrison, you would be sprouting
arrows from your eyes before you knew it."

I too like this tower. What makes it come more alive is the back-story you give
it. Well done!
It has a true-to-Norse-life feel to it. Old Norse behaviour was brought to my
attention through the book "Farfarers" by Farley Mowat. It's more of a
story-telling than a rigorous historical treatise, but it certainly gives a
taste of how the Norse "introduced" themselves to others.

Alan