 Castle / 17272
Re: Official Website Is Launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:05:26 GMT

In lugnet.build.ancient, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.build.ancient, Jeff Byrd wrote:
   It might be your computer. This site requires updated flash stuff. Well, that and a decent modem speed.

Great! Blame the supposedly welcome and would-be customer...

Things that suck about your site:

1. You have a useless portal page that forces a pop-up (and therefore forces me to change my “quick preference” browser settings to see your stupid pop-up; and I hate doing that because then I forget I changed it, go somewhere else, and then get pop-up ads. Thanks!).

2. Your flash is at least a little sketchy, I had the same problem as did Sandlin.

3. I’m on DSL and it’s still slooooooooow! So slow that I ultimately bailed.

For those wishing to avoid hassle No. 1, go to: http://www.littlearmory.com/html/flash.html

While a couple people have stated this might be a bit of a harsh reply, I find my self in the same boat. I would like to see the new castle stuff and probably buy some, but your page has requirements that exceed my setup. If you want to make the most of your buisness you should make your page accessible to people using an older computer on a dial-up connection. It’s been 10 minutes and I still haven’t seen anything in the cataloge!

-Mike Petrucelli

P.S. please lose the annoying pop-up