 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15559
Re: Official Website Is Launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:56:01 GMT

   You must be joking, right?

While I don’t think much of Richard’s rhetorical skills, and I love your weapons, I have to agree with him about your site. Since some people have had no problem with a 56k modem and others have, I’m guessing the problem might be bandwidth from your host. The Flash file is either truly bloated or you’ve got a problem there... on my 56k connection it took more than 10 minutes to load.

At the very least, I’d recommend a non-Flash version of your catalog. If it were my site, I wouldn’t even have a Flash version. Having leafed through your catalog I saw nothing that had much value-added from using Flash. (It’s quite an attractive site, but I’m puzzled by the choice of Flash from the brief look I took.)

And Richard’s quite typical about the pop-up windows. I know a LOT of people who use pop-up blockers and don’t even bother with sites set up like yours. Now, you have a great product and a definite following, so I don’t think that will hurt you much, but it’s something to keep in mind.

Peter