 Castle / 16208
Re: FINALLY! I started on my story!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alex Polimeni writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joey Finnell writes:
Hi all,

I finally got off my butt, and got something finished, ok well I know it
needs more writing but hey at least I got something done :-P so here it is,
I'm on
a roll, more soon to come

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/of_the_ages/Story.html

just click quest

and by all means, LMKWYT

laterz

Joey

Hey, pretty good job, Joey!
The cyclops is rather strange, i admit...more good Figbashing, though!
Unless it is your writing style, though, here is a comment about the writing:
writing things as if they happened is better than if they are happening. such
as: He turns the key. Instead, that might sound better as: He turned the key.
Thats just my opinion, though :)
Well, its good so far!
I cant wait for the next chapter

Eaten alive by a LEGO brick,
Aramir

Most fiction is written in past tense, yes.  Though choosing between one and
the other is a personal choice.  However, you should stick to one of them.  I
noticed your story switches from past tense to present half way through, and
then switches back to past at the end, which is a little odd.  Was that
purposeful?

I wouldn't say that writing in past tense is "better", per se, but it is much
more common, and as such, our brains are usually tuned to interpret present
tense as weird.

Keep creating, you're off to a fine start.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com