 Castle / 15788
    Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
   Oh dear. I think I have to agree with Rocco on this one. I really think the "chat pub" is a great idea. And I can see it having a place in the Castle community. But it is somewhat hypocrytical considering who started it. I mean no offense to the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
   (...) Okay, I opened a big can of worms and then got sick, so I've been away from the computer. First, what is LARPing? I've never seen that one before. Second, yes, I said I don't get RPG's, but then, I don't get a lot of things. (My brothers' (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —David Eaton
     (...) Live Action Role Playing, I believe... (...) I'd be more of the mind to say that if this does indeed get to be a high-volume thing, it belongs in its own area. Perhaps a .fun.gaming subgroup or a .castle subgroup... Technically, posts of this (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
     (...) I see how this can be argued both ways, on the matter of where to post almost any non-MOC Castle related subject (including those recently mentioned). If the Tavern idea takes off, perhaps we could seek out an alternate group here in lugnet. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Frank Filz
     (...) I like this idea. The Blacksmith shop could be turned into a tavern pretty easily. For personalized constructions, people could build surrounding homes and businesses. Frank (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
     Greetings, Folks! I think my brain hurts. If I can get pics taken, developed, and posted in less than a week, that's a major accomplishment. Yes, the multiple, identical common physical settings is a cute idea, but it sort of defeats the purpose of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Jason Cicchini
     Tanya, First, I agree with quality of posts over quantity as well. Second, why not set up a java based chat room via ozbricks or such... Offer posters to .castle a membership, and eventually "events" can be held where everyone would be invited to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
     (...) As Dave answered, Live Action Role Playing. Not unlike the SCA, from what little I know of SCA... (...) And on that point, I agreed with you entirely. ...So, it would seem fair to say that you enjoy to role play, but prefer freeform with no (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Rocco J. Carello
   (...) Well, role-playing is basically what this story idea would be, since each person would be posting as a "role" they are "playing". The only difference between role playing and a role playing game is that if two of the guys in here get into a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)