 Castle / 12986
Re: I ask again... (Was Castle Wall Piece weight)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:14:53 GMT

John Kruer (who plans to join lugnet.castle when his bricks get here in a
few months)

...errr...you mean lugnet.castle.org.cw.

Actually, you don't "need" to have a midieval creation to "belong" to
lugnet.castle or any derivative (variation) of it.

Though, the "coolness factor" will be ever so increased with having
on in hand.

I know I'm abit annoying, but Lugnet is a great place, and for me my only
source, with nobody living near my city of Jacksonville, Florida.

I'm sure that there are a few "closet dwellers" even in your area.

You are "relatively close" to the Greater Florida LUG/LTC, so that could
be a definite advantage.

Even so, you aren't a bit annoying, just a mature but young consumer wanted
to make the best purchase with his money. ("A fool and his money are soon
parted")

Okay, another buy-sell-trade question:
I also have an alowance of 3.50, and as of this week, has 7 dollars.  Along
with my 'emergency money' in my jar, (around 3.50) I'm thinking of perhaps
buying something.  Would I be better: buying set 6039  Twin Arm Launcher for
a bit above $10, or buying castle walls, or saving for the gaurded inn?  Any
ideas?

That depends on availability.  I looked at say Bricklink, which showed the
lowest available price of the item at just over $11 and that was from
France.  If you can get it any cheaper, than that might be a plus.  On
E-bay the price fluctuates, but the most current auction saw the item sold
for over $20.  This is just for the item, not other costs like shipping,
etc.

However, if you want my opinion.  The barding on the horse is really nice,
and the shields are really rare, and you might eventually have a purpose to
use the dual action catapults, however, (since it sounds to me that you are
in the early phases of castle ... me too BTW) I would probably save up
for something a little bit bigger, and give your creations an extra "punch"
so when you finish it, the "Coolness factor" will be increased.

Let's just hope that you do indeed get a real digital camera.  I'm sure that
your other creations, like Space will also be published.

I, myself, had been using a combination of a LEGO camera (Vision Command)
for some of my lego publishing needs, and for some of the larger events I
went to, I took a camera and had the pic's digitized.  The pics from the
Lego Camera really sucked, and the pic's from the digitization were huge
(as in file-size) and large (as in screen-size).  I got a digital camera,
(low-end HP 315, with 2.1 Mega Pixels), and even that did wonders for
my publishing needs.

The camera is a beaut, and is probably what you are looking for, and you
might be able to convince your parents that this is what you "deserve".
It might be hard to find as it is / or is going to be discontinued, but
the price should definitely be right.  I picked up mine, used, for around
$150 US.  You might even find it lower than that.

What does registered mail do, and is it useful?

This is for international mail, and really useful for sending cash in
mail, not really advisable, but sometimes necessary depending on what you
are buying, and if the seller insists on cash in order to save on bank
fees, etc.  Also useful if you are sending really expensive hard to replace
lego sets also to foreign destinations, and combined with "return receipt"
you can get verification that your post (box, etc) got to its destination.

It does the same thing as when you send a registered parcel and pay $1.00
extra for delivery confirmation.  It gives you a bit of extra assurance,
and that's all.

Sorry for the long "rant" but I figured I would answer a bunch of your
concerns, and fill in some details along the way.

Benjamin Medinets