 Castle / 12985
Re: I ask again... (Was Castle Wall Piece weight)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:30:41 GMT

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, John Henry Kruer wrote:

I also have an alowance of 3.50, and as of this week, has 7 dollars.  Along
with my 'emergency money' in my jar, (around 3.50) I'm thinking of perhaps
buying something.  Would I be better: buying set 6039  Twin Arm Launcher for
a bit above $10, or buying castle walls, or saving for the gaurded inn?  Any
ideas?

To a large extent, that depends on your existing collection.  To me, 6039
isn't very attractive (who needs more wheels and horses?), although it's
a nice little set design-wise.  Someone with
very little castle-appropriate Lego would probably find it lacking in
basic castle parts (gray, arches, slopes, etc.).  From a parts
perspective, 6039 would be of interest most to someone who already has
some Castle, but not a lot: it has useful extras, like barding, weapons,
and flags.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6039?withpics=yes

Castle walls won't be useful unless you have enough bricks and plates (of
an appropriate color) to use them.  Consider the necessary diversity of
parts in Castle Wall-dominated sets like the Battering Ram or King's
Castle.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6062?withpics=yes
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6080-1?withpics=yes

The Guarded Inn is probably a safe bet:  the model is decent and the price
per useful piece is great (from a Castle perspective).  Among other
things, it includes four gray Castle Walls, roofing material, and Castle
accessories (and figs).
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/10000?withpics=yes

(And, of course, the Blacksmith Shop is by far the best model and the best
price per piece, but is just more expensive and won't give you size as
quickly as Castle Walls.  Blacksmith Shop + Castle Walls might be
interesting. . .)
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/3739?withpics=yes

--
TWS Garrison