 Castle / 12982
Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:37:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:
<snip>

note: I'm getting my report card  on May 21, and will have to wait until
then.  What happens is if I get all A's all year, my parents give me alot
(for me: above $30 )of money, along with approximently 21 dollars from my
alowance, and I will buy some castle stuff, along with a gaurded inn.  (Is
this worth it? as in Legends version)

Dang right!
Either the guarded inn or the blacksmith shop make
for great deals if you need parts.

For $24.99 (plus shipping), the Guarded Inn is a definite deal!!

A) It makes a great primary model...
B) Or, If you prefer, you can use it for parts for other things.
It has a bunch of 1X1 pieces, several black arches, the red tudor wall,
2 red tutor corners, the crusader mini-figs (1 foot soldier, and 1 archer,
1 "scout", and the female inn-keeper), several castle walls, a nice assortment
of: black roof tiles, flowers, and black plates (1 large one, and one skinny
one).

I intend to buy several more copies of the Guarded Inn
when I get the appointed funds, but for now, I have my sights
set on the new Legend set (whatever it will be).
That too, and it's a great set for figures, at a good price,
roofing elements, and or course, lots of extra weapons.
(can't have castle without weapons, now, can you?)

Though, if you want pieces, the Blacksmith shop is much better with a whole
bunch of light grey 1X1, 1X2, 1X3, 2X2 corner pieces, and the blue roof tiles.
The stair case, etc.  $15 more, and no castle walls, but does make a very nice
"well to do" house in a midieval setting.

The model itself isn't really all that great, but the blacksmith
shop serves more to parts, than anything else...really tall houses
don't appeal to me, and I'm sort of a castle purist, so castle walls
aren't my style anyway.

Benjamin Medinets

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>