 Castle / 12325 (+20)
  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) That would be Please Let Me Know What You Think. Surprisingly, it's not in Shiri's acronym database: (URL) it should be? Adrian (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) Those are terrific looking. I have been working on a torso sticker printer, and those would be perfect to add to the customs section of it. It currently only does torsos, but release 2 will do shields and others. Its not ready yet but its (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not long now...

I have to say, I finally sat down and read the whole thing a couple weeks ago. Read half on Friday while sitting at work, and the next half on Sunday instead of doing homework :) I can't wait for more now! Some spoilers below, so don't go looking if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Sticker printer

(...) Steve, That looks neat. Will you be adding a feature to add custom torsos/shiels or will we have a database that is refreshed every once in a while, like the LDraw libraries? The second option is definitely my favorite, because it promotes (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

I've tried Brickwars once, and it was very fun, but in case you haven't figured out yet, it is also a very goofy, silly kind of game. If you are going for a more serious medieval strategy game, Brickwars may not be the way to go. Making your own (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

Great designs, Steve and Anthony. Anthony, I especially like the moose/elk design and the black bird on the red field. Some of the others do look more authentic, but those look more like something lego might put out, if that makes any sense. Steve, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Jason, As I said when you previously posted the story, I really like the whole creation feel of it ((URL) And the pictures you've added really enhance the story. The pictures and story really give the feel of a pantheon of gods that rule your world. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

So true that most buildings depended on the resources/supplies in the area. Strange how that applies to us LEGO-builders as well. "Darn it! I ran out of 2x2 gray bricks!" *gets out the 2x2 gray corner bricks and 1x1 gray bricks* Thanks for the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) It's really rather hard to try and explain how a whole world and it's beliefs come about, and I didn't realize this til I started writing the first chapter. Suddenly everything down to the last minute detail must have been explained, and it (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sticker printer

(...) Yes, currently adding new torsos is as easy as adding new image files to a directory. If the files are the proper size then they will work in the printer. It scans the folder for .jpg files and fills a dynamic array of filenames. Currently (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

snip (...) Yep, thats Brave Sir Robin. I am working on some of the other character's emblems. From the first time I saw the LEGO gold crown I thought it looked like Arthur's in Holy Grail. But LEGO themselves made a short scene from the movie. I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

(...) Great half-timber stuff, Kyle! Do you have any more pics of those elephants? -Marc Nelson Jr. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

Kyle, Looks great so far! ...I sure wish I had more of that style window, but as you say, we work with the resources we have... ;) ...The elephants look awesome too!! -H. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not long now...

(...) You mean Pawel right. That is bad I was looking foward to seeing Garalt in Blut Aider , But that is the way the ball bounces. Pawel has not put up an Elis and Blade comic In a long time. So seeing as it is olny about a week a way could you (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) i disagree about the 'realism' aspect of it. two reasons: 1. the problem with melee style fighting is that in real warfare you always have to plan about the future. 85% casuality rate is unheard of in real warfare, because you will probably (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: medieval villages

(...) panes? -- Pawel (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

Hey guys! Think the headline pretty much says it all. Check out the latest chapter of the Chronicles of Velaria! (URL) always, I love to know what you guys think! Catch you cats later, -Jay ("I always assumed that the voices I heard were the voice (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

(...) Wonderful! That first picture of chapter 2.... NICE shot. You have certainly turned your story into an epic, and in only two chapters. The writing of your story is superb, and frankly I'm rather jealous. Keep up the good work! --Anthony (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) Lessons well learned by King Pyrrhus when he defeated the Romans at too high a cost. I believe his own words were, "One more such victory and we are lost." (...) True again. Some of the more realistic strategy games I have seen focus on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact