 Castle / 12310 (+20)
  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

a great first chapter and new site! amazingly well done! I really enjoyed your style of writing, and the ratio of words-to-pictures. i eagerly await more! -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002

(...) Hey, and that looks like a gray Bat Helm. (URL) the most exciting castle piece, for sure, but whaddya do? (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx alot Lenny! I put alot of work into it, so I'm glad you liked it! Plenty more is on the way! -Jay (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  medieval village book?

I've spent the better part of my evening trying to find a book with good pictures of houses from the medieval period. I'd like primarily pre-Tudor style (cerca 1000, rather than cerca 1500), and also an emphasis on peasant and burgher houses rather (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Not long now...

My friends, I know it's been awhile... Due to extenuating circumstances, the guest author for the Chonicles of Ikros' chapter 24 is unable to do his part, and I was forced to choose another. However, we are now on track and expect an update within a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

Hi Lenny, Just the other day I was noticing the same thing: That most Lego MOC Castle Villages focus on the Tudor style, as does the Guarden Inn. If I recall correctly, such a style was not popular until late in the middle ages, and even then not (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  mini-figs

I thought I would add my muster to the others. I currently have: CASTLE: King Leo 80 Dragons 79 'plate' 77 Crossed Axes 72 Lions (old style) 62 Bats 56 Falcons 46 'scale' 41 Forestmen 34 Bulls 30 Wolfs & Peasants 26 TOTAL: 603 NINJA: Blue Samurai (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) I think you're right, the Tudor period itself was actually the period immediately after the middle ages (in England). I generally find myself building in a late medieval style anyway (as I think most of us do whether by chance or design), the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

Wattle & Daub architechure is older than one might think, some believe back as far as the 1100s. The process merely consists of mud being placed around a wooden skeleton/frame. The roof was made of thatch/grass/twigs. Not really that advanced. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle wars: teach us, quick!

Hi there! The subject line pretty much says it all: we, the portuguese luggies, will have our first gathering in mid-March; there will be some castles and "castle-heads" among us, so we thought it might be interesting to set up a small "war". The (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) There are a couple of different ways you can go. There is a link to Mike Rayhawk's Brikwars on the web interface at Lugnet.fun.gaming. James Brown has also written some cool rules for castle wars. You can make them simpler or more complicated (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: medieval villages

Heheh. I like the "FunFact", Kyle... Just did a quick search on the Web for "wattle and daub", and two sites that might interest people are: -Reconstruction of 2-story cottage with photos of building: (URL) info on peasant cottages, including (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) Lenny, you might want to give David Macualay's (sp?) _Castle_ a try. It focuses primarily on the construction of a castle, from meager beginnings to the glorious final result, through sketches. VERY awesome book. It has a lot of villiage (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

Need more factions? Want more minifig army diversity? Then try the Ikros shields stickers! Free for download today! (URL) you REALLY are interested, I can be talked into creating matching torso stickers. PLMKWYT! --Anthony (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) Sorry if this is ludicrously obvious, but what does "PLMKWYT" mean? Thanks the chinchilla (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) That would be Please Let Me Know What You Think. Surprisingly, it's not in Shiri's acronym database: (URL) it should be? Adrian (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) Those are terrific looking. I have been working on a torso sticker printer, and those would be perfect to add to the customs section of it. It currently only does torsos, but release 2 will do shields and others. Its not ready yet but its (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not long now...

I have to say, I finally sat down and read the whole thing a couple weeks ago. Read half on Friday while sitting at work, and the next half on Sunday instead of doing homework :) I can't wait for more now! Some spoilers below, so don't go looking if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Sticker printer

(...) Steve, That looks neat. Will you be adding a feature to add custom torsos/shiels or will we have a database that is refreshed every once in a while, like the LDraw libraries? The second option is definitely my favorite, because it promotes (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

I've tried Brickwars once, and it was very fun, but in case you haven't figured out yet, it is also a very goofy, silly kind of game. If you are going for a more serious medieval strategy game, Brickwars may not be the way to go. Making your own (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact