 Castle / 11835
Re: Castle FAQ bribe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:15:22 GMT

How about a question explaining why there are so few female castle figs? I
can think of maybe 5 or 6 at the most. And maybe some bit about customizing
your own.

Also for the most rare castle piece, don't forget the brown cape from the
blacksmith shop. Its at the top of my list along with the previously
mentioned grey treasure chest.

Steve

In lugnet.castle, Cary Clark writes:
OK, so asking for FAQ entries didn't work. So how about a bribe?

Post a message number for a Castle FAQ entry, and I'll send you a
Castle-themed minifig. Free. To qualify for the minifig, you must be the
first to post or e-mail me the particular message number that answers a
frequently asked question, and I must use that entry in the FAQ. It's that
simple.

Don't know where to start? Here are some examples:
- Where are the rules for Castle wars (or Brick wars)? #11739
(and one answer for BrikWars: /org/au/?n=476 )
- What sets have yellow tudor walls? #8108
- What are some good resources for Castle building? #8474

Still don't know where to look? Try dumping a bunch Castle postings at a
time. For instance this displays the messages from #300 to #400:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=300,100&v=a
Then read them all, and cull out the good ones:
- #305 Why did Dungeon Master's Castle (6086) change its name?
- general/?n=9419 What period in European history does Castle represent?
...and so on.

Note that the threads you look at may point you to messages in other
newsgroups; as long as the answer is Castle-specific, it qualifies.

So are you up to the challenge? I'll give away minifigs they (or the
answers) run out.

Cary

In lugnet.castle, Cary Clark writes:
Hi Castle Folks!

First off, I know nothing about castle. But lucky for me, you do!

Castle is one of the largest theme groups, just behind Trains. Here's your
chance to even things up: help me create a Castle FAQ.

Tell me the number of your favorite answers to commonly posted Castle
questions. All you need to do is post or e-mail me the message number. If
you're reading this from the web, you can see the message number as part of
the URL; it's something like:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=11586

If you find your favorite posts with a newsreader, the message number is
visible as part of the message properties:

Shiri Dori has threatened to do a Castle FAQ (Hi Shiri!) but don't let that
stop you. Tell me about posts that you'd like every newbie to lugnet.castle
to read. Take a look at the other FAQ groups for ideas:

http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/

Also, if some Castle threads are applicable to many themes, tell me about
those, too. I'll put the answers in http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Build/.
For instance, http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=11519 (20 questions
(Building, ideas, supplies)) looks good for several Build entries.

Thanks!

Cary
(post, or remove 'nospam' from the e-mail address to reply)