 Castle / 11161
Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:53:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Nelson writes:
Once I finish the hoardings, I'll post pictures. :)

Well, the hoardings are done. They can be seen here:

That stupid cleric stood where he could get hit by the archers... Hmm... Bad
idea. Some notes about the hoardings: They were wooden platforms built like
I have them in the picture, and usualy covered with fresh animal hides.
There were holes in the floor to allow the defenders to drop rocks through.
The rocks hit the batter at the bottom (shown, you can see the rock glancing
off to hit the cleric) and into the enemy forces. Also, of course, there
were arrow loops.

--
Mark Nelson