 Castle / 11147
Re: Whoops!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:39:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
Yup, that's a wee bit big! Man i wish I had piecs to build something that
big, I'm still using castle wall pieces for my walls.

I used MLCad's measuring thing: It's 5 feet by 5 feet, aprox.

BTW, I love the main curtain wall, it reminds me a lot of the castle Pawel
took to Brickfest this summer.

Man, it sounds like that Brickfest was pretty darn cool. I wish I could have
made it there!

I couldn't quite see from the picture, but have you put in windows in the
towers facing sideways along the wall? As far as I can figure out, the main
reason they used to build towers extended from the walls was in order to
give flanking fire against enemies at the base of the walls or scaling the
wall on ladders. Just a thought.

Well, there are actualy only wall-walk doors on the sides facing the walls.
Facing out are arrow loops. I said to myself, "Hey, I'll just let the
archers up on the top worry about the fools trying to climb up."

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but there are walks *inside* of the wall
as well as on the top. That's how the arrow loops imbedded in the walls are
reached.

More raytraces coming soon...

--
Mark Nelson