 Castle / 11042
Re: let it begin: caerany update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

this is exactly the type of responce i was hoping for.
<snip>

Hi again Lenny,

THe sad thing is - I *know* that reply was the exact, perfect response.
(Totally ignoring this is myself here, ok? I'm not trying to compliment
myself!!) I had some good comments to begin with; I continued in pointing
out some not-so-good stuff, and added suggestions on how to fix it. Then
ended with more positive stuff. This is how I was taught to pass
constructive criticism (one of the most valuable lessons I've ever received;
I learned it in Scouts, counselor training, not in school! Oh well).

The upsetting thing - to me and obviously to you - is that we're not really
very good about giving that kinda critisicm here. I'm actually not very good
at posting like this often, either... even though I know I *should*. Lately
people have been very upset with lack of replies - and as you've all said,
it's a really bad trend.

So here's to hoping we'll grow out of this trend. I, for one, am going to
try to pay more attention to how often and how I reply to people's MOCs.

Seeya,
-Shiri

P.S. I hope you decide to send a few figs to the IOM - it really is a lot of
fun.