 Castle / 11039
Re: let it begin: caerany update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:40:00 GMT

Hi Lenny!!

First of all - delayed reaction does not begin to describe this post. My
apologies; not only did I miss your first post, but I also didn't realize
what the "posting blues" thread was about. I've never seen your page before.
I just discovered it today, and having spent at least half an hour browsing
and reading your pages, I feel I owe you a response...

So for starters - excellent! You have got a lot of stuff going on, tons of
characters, "news" (I see some *great* story potential in all that section),
places... your towns are small in size but fairly teeming with life! (And
anyway, who am I to complain, I've never even built half a town!)... Every
town/place has some unique points, and I saw some really lovely spots,
notabely the glass-blowing shop and the bakery. Great use of pieces in those
two, good ideas! I liked your greenery in the "Truth Fortress" and enjoyed
the temple.

As for more constructive comments - the page format, especially in the
"news" section, bothered me a bit. Having one line of text wrap around the
picture is not very convenient, IMHO. You may want to try out FTX tables -
Todd has it really simple to use, and you could also create thumbnails for
quicker loading (and have them be linked to the original pictures on
brickshelf or wherever). Here's the know-how:
http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/tables

I noticed you got gunpowder involved, together with Imperial figs. That's
cool! It's sure to affect warring dynamics a lot. Oh - I also greatly
enjoyed your weapons discussion! Nice customizing on a few items there. I
liked the narrative.

All in all, good and interesting pages. Please keep it up and don't be
discouraged!!

-Shiri

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/caerany/

comments are always welcome, as well as criticism.. if not about the materiel,
then about the method.

peace
-lenny