 Castle / 10847
Re: Posting to JUST .castle ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:03:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Ok ... here is where I feel that I can say a few things :)  Anyone else - feel
free to add to this:
1)  One can read lugnet.castle without it's subgroups:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=,-20&v=c

Unfortunatly, no. If it was .org.castle.cw then the messages would be in a
different newsgroup tree. As it is .castle includes EVERYTHING that starts
with .castle, including .castle.org and .castle,org.cw

If you recall the debates about the formation of CW and it's attendant
newsgroup Todd decided that it should be this way to keep Themes and
User-groups properly partitioned. People agreed saying that they did NOT
want to go to two different places to get information.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider this?

Hmm ... let me see this again:
One CAN view the main group (.castle) without it's subgroups (castle
organizations, .castle.ninja) with that link:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=,-20&v=c
... on the other hand, to read ALL subgroups, one needs to go here:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=*,-20&v=c
Am I correct?

My apologies, yes. You are correct. I looked at the link without clicking
it. It's useful the difference that a * makes.

As long as people post to the correct group, this solves half the problem
discussed. Now to find some way of boosting castle to more than 5-10 posts a
day, and getting people to reply.

James (who reads well enough but should practice clicking)