 Castle / 10853
Re: Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:33:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tony Hafner writes:
Hmm ... let me see this again:

One CAN view the main group (.castle) without it's subgroups (castle
organizations, .castle.ninja) with that link:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=,-20&v=c

... on the other hand, to read ALL subgroups, one needs to go here:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=*,-20&v=c

Am I correct?

That does work- but it's a lot more complicated than clicking the Castle
link from the Lugnet home page.

Not using bookmarks/favorites.  I do most of my Lugnet reading using
bookmarks-- for one thing, that's the easiest way to get quick access to
groups that aren't on the front page of Lugnet, and secondly I can customize
the view (e.g. 50 in compact form).  Once the link is saved, it's snap to
click one after the other in my bookmarks list and get all caught up.

Kevin