 Castle / 1089
Re: Leo's castle-- number mix up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:59:35 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:

   Thanks for pointing it out.  I kept thinking it was 6098, because thats
what the instructions said.  I didn't really pay attention to the box.
Mismatched numbers.  Wonder how long it will take them to figure that out?!

Wow.  That's *two* errors in the new Castle sets box printing. The other one
is on the 6095 Royal Joust, which has the Portuguese name for 'Guarded
Treasury' instead of the correct one. Bizarre.  I wonder what happened?

I wonder if LEGO changed companies that make the boxes?  I notice that all
the new sets are in sealed boxes like the Star Wars sets, without the flip-up
'see the pieces' lids.  That's kind of disappointing.  I wonder if it was done
to cut costs on printing - and weren't those display trays manually filled?

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
LEGO Want List:      http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/wantlist.txt
LEGO Trade List:     http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/tradelist.txt
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m