 Castle / 1088
Re: Seeking info - Defense Archer - Europe only set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:06:57 GMT

It may have been 4801 - Defence Archer

It may have contained the minifig, 2 crossbows, a shield, a 4x4 black turntable,
2 4x4 green plates, and what may have looked like a 1x2 hinge brick and 1x2x2
grey brick (though it may have been hard to tell, it may have been a couple of
1x2 bricks).

But this is all conjecture, since the pics aren't up on the Lego site anymore.

John DiRienzo wrote:

   I don't think that is available yet.  And, apparently that picture was
not supposed to debut so soon, as we've been told, and they would prefer we
didn't discuss it.  It "sounds" like a polybag set, except in one of those
little bitty boxes.  Maybe there will be a US counterpart for it, like some
of the other small sets.  I doubt it, although I am sure there will be US
polybags in this theme.  Also, the name "sounds" right, but I Can't help you
with the set number.  I don't know in England, but sets of the size we are
guesstimating usually cost 5 DEM in Germany, and thats $2.50-$3 in the US,
depending on the day of the week.  Sorry to be so vague, but I suppose we
"don't know" can hurt us.  Where are the US Star Wars polybags, anyway?

--
   Have fun!
   John
Jeff Johnston wrote in message ...
When I was looking at the lego.com catalog a few weeks ago to preview the
new Castle sets (they have since vanished - a mistake at LEGO?), I saw • under
the Knight's Kingdom heading a small set that greatly interested me.

I didn't write down the name or umber, but I think it was called 'Defense
Archer'.  It included the Castle 'fig that is shown in the LEGO Club ad -
brown moustache, the new 'kettle' helm, and a chainmail print on the torso.
I think this fig is also in King Leo's Castle and is a prisoner in the
Bull's Attack set.  The set looks to be about the size of a polybag, but I
think they usually box them in Europe.

I *really* like this 'fig.

I'd like more information on the set.  Is it, in fact, Europe only, like
some of the other mini sets (5900 Sam Grant comes to mind)?  Is it in the
European 2000 catalog?  What price do those sets usually go for in, say,
England?

If they're available now and someone wants some of the US McDonalds sets as
a trade (I have multiples of all except #5, sigh), let me know and we can
try to work out a deal.  Or if money is more your style, let me know about
that, too.

Thanks!