 Castle / 1084
1083  |  1085
Subject:
Seeking info - Defense Archer - Europe only set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:23:37 GMT

When I was looking at the lego.com catalog a few weeks ago to preview the
new Castle sets (they have since vanished - a mistake at LEGO?), I saw under
the Knight's Kingdom heading a small set that greatly interested me.

I didn't write down the name or umber, but I think it was called 'Defense
Archer'.  It included the Castle 'fig that is shown in the LEGO Club ad -
brown moustache, the new 'kettle' helm, and a chainmail print on the torso.
I think this fig is also in King Leo's Castle and is a prisoner in the
Bull's Attack set.  The set looks to be about the size of a polybag, but I
think they usually box them in Europe.

I *really* like this 'fig.

I'd like more information on the set.  Is it, in fact, Europe only, like
some of the other mini sets (5900 Sam Grant comes to mind)?  Is it in the
European 2000 catalog?  What price do those sets usually go for in, say,
England?

If they're available now and someone wants some of the US McDonalds sets as
a trade (I have multiples of all except #5, sigh), let me know and we can
try to work out a deal.  Or if money is more your style, let me know about
that, too.

Thanks!