 Castle / 1083
Re: I know its an auction...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John DiRienzo writes:
<f-up? to market.auction?>
Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message
Yep, they're auctions... nice scans though. But John, why do the
descriptions on these 2000 sets still say:

"With the low starting bid and no reserve you can pick up this
discontinued set cheap!"

Thats pretty bad - big error. I just fixed those without bids, I'llhave
to add something to the others.  Thanks for pointing it out!

And what's the difference between this and the"Scalping of new Star Wars
sets" there was so much complaining about earlier this year?

Well, hmm.  Starting bid = $1, no reserve.  Not scalping.  If it gets
really out of hand, which I doubt, we'll do the right thing.  If it goes
low, someone will have a very Merry Christmas.  Somebody, somewhere,
probably wants to buy these Castle and Star Wars sets, and doesn't have
access to them.  Some Lego lovers on eBay may not know the existence of
kl.net or lugnet, and may rely on Lego.com (hahaha) to keep up to date!
Anyway, I think if someone is going to be too dumb for their own good,
there are enough good samaritans around here to keep them from harm's way,
including myself.

Hmm, waitasec...  John...  When you say "we'll," does that mean that the
auction you were pointing to was your own?

If so, the obvious next question is how come you didn't simply not host
copies of the images on your separate non-auction website and point to those
instead, if all you wanted to do was point people to nice scans of the new
sets?  Is it not unreasonable to wonder whether you were trying to sneak an
auction announcement into a non-auction group?

--Todd