 Castle / 1090
Re: Leo's castle-- number mix up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
John DiRienzo wrote:

   Thanks for pointing it out.  I kept thinking it was 6098, because thats
what the instructions said.  I didn't really pay attention to the box.
Mismatched numbers.  Wonder how long it will take them to figure that out?!

Wow.  That's *two* errors in the new Castle sets box printing. The other one
is on the 6095 Royal Joust, which has the Portuguese name for 'Guarded
Treasury' instead of the correct one. Bizarre.  I wonder what happened?

I hadn't even noticed the set numbers.

That's really messed up (in terms of LEGO's old habit of numbering
similarly sized sets together in the same xxxy range.  For example,
you could expact that the entire 608x range would be somewhat similar
in size, just from the set numbers.  This wasn't inviolate, but
it was pretty constant.

And now, a whole set moving in the 609x range.  The large castle
should have been 6091, and the rest of the numbers scattered
throughout the 60xx range.

Oh well.  Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds, I suppose.
Whatever that really means.

I wonder if LEGO changed companies that make the boxes?  I notice that all
the new sets are in sealed boxes like the Star Wars sets, without the flip-up
'see the pieces' lids.  That's kind of disappointing.  I wonder if it was done
to cut costs on printing - and weren't those display trays manually filled?

Sheesh.  You'd think at 20 cents a piece, they could afford the flip-up
trays.  Oh well.  LEGO had gotten in the habit of blocking out most
of the view of the interior of the box, anyway.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"