 Castle / 10186
Re: Gemstone colors???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Greg Perry writes:
<snip>
One of these, was 5826 The Queen's Chamber (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5826)

This set has one trans-orange gemstone in it.  I was surprised myself when I
saw this because I have quite a few gems that were acquired from Adventurer
and Castle sets and I had never run across an orange one before.

It's the *only* set that has an orange gem, AFAIK. The green one used to be
rarest, it appeared only in 6091, but with the appearance of the chrome sets
they are no longer hard to find. Now it's the orange ones that are hard to
get. Sort-of.

-Shiri

[ here goes Ray, putting another legend to rest ]

Set 4579 'Ice Ramp Racers' has a wonderful parts selection. Amoung those are ...

1 - Trans-Orange gemstone (BrickBay calls it a Jewel, 24 facet)
1 - Trans-Neon Green gemstone
1 - Trans-Light Blue gemstone
1 - Trans-Dark Blue gemstone  (is this a new color ?)

2 - Trans-Light Blue crystals
1 - Silver Crystal
4 - Trans-Light Blue Cylinder 2 x 2 x 1 & 2/3 with Dome Top

plus 16 pieces in Light-Blue (aka Maersk Blue) and 14 pieces in Orange.

Even at $20 full retail, a nice selection of otherwise HTF parts. This set
should be appearing on WalMart shelves this month, some stores already have them
out. I Don't recall seeing it at Target, K-Mart or TRU yet tho.

Ray