 Castle / *18107 (-20)
  Re: Isle of Mist, let's try again!

(...) Honestly, the real killer of the IOM project was the lack of updates to the map. Bunches of people emigrated to the island, and set up roots on the 4 open sections, but then no new sections opened up, no guidelines happened, nothing. I think (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Isle of Mist, let's try again!

(...) I agree with our fearless co-curator here. I think reviving IOM as it was is not the best idea. It involved too many people who are no longer willing or able to participate. At best, I think recreating the idea, like IOM2 or whatever, would be (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Isle of Mist, let's try again!

(...) Well, at the moment, there seems to be a lot of anticipation for Alex Polimeni's Castle Quest project, so I'm not sure if it would really be in best interests to revive Isle of Mist. Isle of Mist failed for several reasons, lack of (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Isle of Mist, let's try again!

As it says in the title. Lets try again at the Isle of Mist project. There is not much more I can say at the moment. Let me know what you think about it, and where should we start with it. (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: new Lord of the Rings chapter, Meduseld

Bruce- I think the overall design of the hall works well and I like its simplicity. The firepit is great too! I look forward to your next installment. Keep up the great work! ciao&salaam -Andrew (...) [snip] (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

Lenny, The site looks great. The layout is easy to navigate and you get straight to the MOCs, which is key. There are several creations there that I hadn't seen before, both in castle and space, so I'll have to spend some more time going through (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  new Lord of the Rings chapter, Meduseld

Hi all, I can't believe it's been three months since my last new Lord of the Rings chapter. Anyway, I've actually had Meduseld built for some time now but just photographed it this weekend for "The King of the Golden Hall". (URL) will also soon add (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

(...) Actually 'House of Sun' has been destroyed for some time now. I originally -intended- to furnish it.. but I have this thing where if i post pictures on brickshelf, I rarely go back and change the MOC at all. I've since taken up a policy of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle side bar Complaint

(...) well, ill resign it to as you have put it above, a RPG exploration game. im sorry for the confusion. (i was rather confused myself!) But, i dont see how the IOM was a RPG. and, just because it is fun, i dont see how IOM falls under "game" I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

(...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle side bar Complaint

(...) Although I was never really apart of IOM (one of the johnny-come-late peeps), I would call it a "RPG-Exploration Game." People 'role-played' (created their characters and the characters interacted with eachother). 'Exploration' because it was (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My wife's Lord of the Rings Mini Figures

James: Very nice. I think my favorite is Aragorn, although the minifig head used for Gandalf is perfect. One non-Lego question - from where did you get the background map of western Middle-Earth? Tim "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 9-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wookie of Dahyart

Hmmmm...maybe one of us should build a wild fandango and set it loose. Or better yet, a contest to find out what a wild fandango would look like? Josh PS I was wondering about the wookie too. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Village of Dahyart version 2.0

Very Cool, Anthony! I can see that I missed a lot while I was offline (been fighting with my service provider). Your town is great. The wide variety of animals is what really caught my eye. I like the ducks, chickens, and cows, of course. I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle side bar Complaint

(...) I know, that was a major cross grain in what my complaint. ( i try not to make a problem about what i dont have the solution for.) However, i will stick by the fact it is not a wargame. What would you guys call the IOM, for what it was? (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

(...) I haven't had much time to look at the stuff yet, so right now, my comments are only at the layout (my own web pages are either very simple hand- generated stuff, or are mainly tables generated by a pair of small C programs I wrote). 1) I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

(...) Yeah, I still love playing the scenerios from Civ II Test of Time, especially the sci-fi one. You've got to admire the game's clunkiness... FUT to lugnet.off-topic.geek for lack of a better place. -JHK (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

Looks cool! If I had any critisisms, it would be that the frame is not needed, 'cuase it causes that big fat ugly scrollbar. I think it would look better if you just intergrated the title and menu with the rest of the page. I see you live in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Call for any castle links.

(...) Not to worry about cluttering. Most of the personal links I placed on a separate page, except for the community based resources like the MM project or Cary Clark's FAQ. (...) And how to write a script? Well, the side bar uses no html, but FTX, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks

I enjoyed the second website you posted much more than the first. ;) I really like the "House of Sun".... Are you going to furnish it? The way you've built the house into the hill looks great. BTW, Civ III is a big step forward from Civ II..... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact