 Castle / 16264
Re: Call for any castle links.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Muhl writes:

Matt,

Instead of posting every single link on
the side bar,

Not to worry about cluttering. Most of the
personal links I placed on a separate page,
except for the community based resources
like the MM project or Cary Clark's FAQ.

I think it would be cool to have a
"random castle site of the day". In other
words, write a script that would pick a
random site from a master list that you
could store somewhere else.  This would
help avoid clutter on the side, and it
would help keep arguments at a minimum
as to whose pages should and should be
included on the side bar.  This would also
encourage people to visit the castle page
to see what new site is the random site
of the day......

And how to write a script? Well, the side
bar uses no html, but FTX, so I'm not so
sure as how to go about it. (writing
scripts doesn't seem to be covered in the
FTX guide.)

Perhaps there's a code to select a
random entry on a list? Does anyone
know of that?

You could also include a website or MOC
Hall of Fame.  Add one new link every
month or every two months.....  You
could choose based on a poll. This would
be another way to get people more
involved and spice of the side bar.....

Yes, I've been contemplating something
like that, although I might place
featured MOCs on a separate page as well,
so as not to flood the sidebar with
clutter. Instead of the standard text
description, I might include a writeup.
(or the author of the MOC can do so.)

What you've done looks great so far!  Please
treat my ideas as suggestions only!

Thanks.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast