 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 920
919  |  921
Subject:
new Lord of the Rings chapter, Meduseld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:29:43 GMT

Hi all,

I can't believe it's been three months since my last new Lord of the Rings
chapter.  Anyway, I've actually had Meduseld built for some time now but
just photographed it this weekend for "The King of the Golden Hall".
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrstory/book3/chapter306/lotrstory306-01.html
I will also soon add photos of Meduseld to the "places" page and there are
two other points in the book where they stop at Meduseld that I have to
photograph.

This is actuall the first of my LotR creations that actually has an inside
and an outside.  Usually these have been much more of a movie set - just a
facade for the photography.  It did become problematic when photographing
interior scenes, though, and I had to rip out half the wall for those shots.
I was most happy with the shape of the roof, though it is really flimsy.
You can also see in the back right where my collection of low slopes in
yellow failed me and I had to use a couple of those yellow slopes with red
stripes.  Oh well, it only shows up in a couple of photos.  I also have to
acknowledge Jon Furman and Lenny Hoffman for inspiration.  My version of
Meduseld feels like a very toned down version of Jon's, and I used Lenny's
idea for the torch holders.

Anyway, LMKWYT.

I hope that my next addition won't take so long.

Bruce