 Castle / 16267
Re: Glencaer's LEGO Blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:01:27 GMT

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> writes:

Introducing my first website! Entirely hand-done html, it features most of my
creations and stories.

http://www.ozbricks.net/glencaer

Please, feedback would be great on both layout and content.
thanks so much!

I haven't had much time to look at the stuff yet, so right now, my comments
are only at the layout (my own web pages are either very simple hand-
generated stuff, or are mainly tables generated by a pair of small C
programs I wrote).

1) I agree with an earlier poster - the left frame adds nothing. As I see
   it, horizontal space is a much more crucial resource on a web page than
   vertical space is, since "page up" and "page down" let the viewer move
   up and down easily, but scrolling left and right, or having narrow
   columns, are harder or ickier.

2) I see black text on darkish blue and on even darker blue. Hard to read.

3) When you have a thumbnail with a link under it, you likely should make
   the thumbnail work just like the link does. E.g.

    Most web users are used to just clicking on pretty pictures. :-)

In general, it all looks pretty good - I see signs of a *lot* of work
having gone into those pages!

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/