 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 997
Re: Batch .pov file creation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:36:44 GMT

I have found some utilities on the web that allow you to save your camera
positions by "flying" around, etc., but I haven't really found this useful
for LDraw (YET).

Also, I might make a post to the FST newsgroup to see if their flight
simulator can output a flight path to a text file.  This way, you could get
real weather effects and a flight model, too.   Hummmm...
Something to think about.
:)
-Mike

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> writes:

Can anyone tell me how to create a series of .pov files all with a
slightly different name (i.e. file01.pov, file02.pov, etc.) that
has slightly different camera coordinates for each file? Basically
I am trying to create a series of rendered images that when viewed
in succession display as a "walk around" my model.

I would put it all in one file and use POV-Ray's animation facility to
achieve the various camera positions.  You can do something like this:

camera {
[...]
     location <0, -50, -100>
     look_at <0, -50, 0>
     rotate <0, 30*clock, 0>
}

This will cause the camera to rotate around the origin with a radious
of 100, with 30 degrees every time unit.  You can also set the camera
position directly using sin and cos, should you prefer that:

camera {
[...]
     location <100*cos(radians(30*clock)), -50, 100*sin(radians(30*clock))>
     look_at <0, -50, 0>
}

Fredrik