 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 993
Re: Batch .pov file creation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:46:41 GMT

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> writes:

Can anyone tell me how to create a series of .pov files all with a
slightly different name (i.e. file01.pov, file02.pov, etc.) that
has slightly different camera coordinates for each file? Basically
I am trying to create a series of rendered images that when viewed
in succession display as a "walk around" my model.

I would put it all in one file and use POV-Ray's animation facility to
achieve the various camera positions.  You can do something like this:

camera {
  [...]
      location <0, -50, -100>
      look_at <0, -50, 0>
      rotate <0, 30*clock, 0>
  }

This will cause the camera to rotate around the origin with a radious
of 100, with 30 degrees every time unit.  You can also set the camera
position directly using sin and cos, should you prefer that:

camera {
  [...]
      location <100*cos(radians(30*clock)), -50, 100*sin(radians(30*clock))>
      look_at <0, -50, 0>
  }

Fredrik