 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 996
Re: Batch .pov file creation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:07:13 GMT

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> writes:

One question though, when my rectangular object rotates, it tends
get cut off on some frames. The center of the object is not
rotating around the center point of the rendering window. Instead
the rotation point seems to be pushed towards the end of the
rectangular object. Any ideas on how to fix this?

If the object you want to rotate around is not in the centre, you may
want to try to centre it.  If you're using output from L3P, you should
look for the last "object" definition.  It would typically look like
this:

object { model #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color4 } }

Add a "translate" statement to the end to try to centre the object:

object { model #if (version >= 3.1) material
         #else texture #end { Color4 }
         translate <X, 0, Z>
}

Put some values in the X and Z fields to specify where to move the
object.

You can also try to offset the camera, something like this:

camera {
  [...]
      location <0, -50, -100>
      look_at <0, -50, 0>
      rotate <0, 30*clock, 0>
      translate <X, 0, Z>
  }

Note that the order of the rotate and translate statements is
significant!  I haven't tried this method, so I don't know if there
are any wierd side effects.

Fredrik