 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 500
Re: L3P / POVRay material questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:56:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson writes:
Sproaticus skrev i meddelandet ...
b)  How do I make a transparent color more transparent?  (please give an
example)
c)  How do I make something *glow*, besides, just putting a light source in
it?  (please give an example)
This is how I do it in my Christmas renderings,
[...]
The important thing here is that I do not put a light inside a brick, but
declare a light which 'looks_like' the brick, and putting this in the model
instead of the original brick. I'm also using a special color, to be able to
experiment with the different parameters.

Thanks!  :-,  But I had trouble positioning the light_source; it wouldn't be
rotated and translated like an object.  Did you have to figure out the
coordinates all over again?

BTW, any chance of seeing the .POV for your scene?

The fourth value for an 'rgbf' is the transparency. The reflection values
might also need some twiddling.

Is that rgbf or rgbt?  What's the difference between "f" and "t"?

Cheers,
- jsproat