 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2774
Re: Inverse matrix?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 23:29:19 GMT

Clarification!

.... snip

This way I have a matrix that will rotate any object using a lookat
and up.

I am using additional points to specify the location of feet.
Combined with the model location, I have 3 points for the hip and
feet.  [now the following paragraph should make more sense]

However, I'm trying to use these points to construct a walking
motion so I have at least 3 points for a model all in world
coordinates.  To figure out the rotations of the model's legs I
need to convert these to the model's local coordinates.  To move
the points to local model coordinates I just have to subtract the
model location from all the points.  But now I have to undo the
world rotation.  I'm stumped.  I've tried tons of stuff and I
thought this wouldn't be so hard and quite frankly this math is a
bit over my head.

I'm sure I can do this using "a particular system of linear
equations", but I honestly don't know which.  I've tried many
different things but nothing gets me the results I need.

Does anyone have any ideas?

James