 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2771
Re: Inverse matrix?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:18:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, James Reynolds wrote:
Does anyone know how to generate an inverse matrix.  By inverse I mean it will
undo the rotation of the original matrix.  I thought the inverse of
<1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0> was <-1,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0>.  In other words,
multiply every value by -1.

I know POV-Ray 3.6 has an inverse matrix function but it doesn't work in 3.1,
which is what I'm using.

There really is no easy way to do it.  Feel free to look at
TCVector::invertMatrix in the LDView code if you want to see code that does it
on a 4x4 matrix.  To convert a 3x3 matrix into a 4x4 matrix, put the 3x3 in the
top left, put a 1 in the bottom right, and fill in the other empty cells with 0.

--Travis