 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2202
Re: new and old colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:25:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:

   Actually the ldconfig file is the spot where all the offical color definitions (via !COLOR statements) will be located. Ideally all the LDraw compatible programs that display colors will use this file as a source for the color attributes including color number. If we (LDraw.org) decide to add official colors then it will be via this document.

Hi Orion and Jeroen, I’m only a ‘stupid’ user so please help me with some things. I think I understand that the color definitions are made in the ldconfig-file. And I recognized that this file is developed and supported by ldraw.org.

Some month ago I found out that several colours are not supported by L3P or whatever program. For example it is impossible to render a mosaic with ‘very light gray’.

So... Jeroen develops some new colours, Orion develops some new colours too. These colours should be in ldconfig. Is there a process behind these new colours like behind new parts? We really need more new colours than supported right now I think. I hope you two guys work together because you make both a great job!

What else must be done? Who needs to change his applications? Is every application that uses the ldconfig-file clean? L3P gives me an error if I use self defined colours. So I think there is some work to do...

If I can support you in any way please let me know!

Sven