 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2201
Re: new and old colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:12:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeroen de Haan wrote:
Thanks Orion, but as far as I understand this only discussing making one's
own custom colours and doesn't discuss adding new colour numbers to the
excisting ones, that was my question.

Jeroen

All this has been taken care of with the ldconfig file and the !COLOR Statement:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9437

LDView already supports the previous version of the LDConfig file's color
statements.  I'm pretty sure that the next versions of MLCad and L3P will the
new statements as well.

-Orion

Actually the ldconfig file is the spot where all the offical color definitions
(via !COLOR statements) will be located.  Ideally all the LDraw compatible
programs that display colors will use this file as a source for the color
attributes including color number.  If we (LDraw.org) decide to add official
colors then it will be via this document.

-Orion