 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2188
2187  |  2189
Subject:
HDRI and radiosity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:45:42 GMT

Hi again, I’m still working on a good way to use hdri with MLCad pictures. And I found out that grey is a “bad” color. Pictures with grey models are always too dark. I can only fix this if I place additional light sources. I don’t know the reason yet but I think it has something to do with the color palette that is normally used in PovRay. I have replaced the colors with those that are used in the radiosity includes from digitalbricks.nl. And surprise...lights without any light source. But - no light without shadow. Normal grey now looks like chrome. Using other colors than grey in my model gives me the brilliance I want. Here are some examples for the things I found out yet:

LDRAW / LGEO colors, no lightsource:

LDRAW / LGEO colors, 1 additional lightsource:

colors from radiosity.inc (digitalbricks), no lightsource:

I’m still looking for a better way to render the train without using additional lights. But if I use the modified colors there are too many reflections and I found no parameter yet to reduce this to a more real stile. Anyone here who can help?

Greetings

Sven