 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2099
Re: More color problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 02:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I don't know POV, but I do know that index of refraction (IoR) shouldn't have
any effect on reflections.  Perhaps it does, but it shouldn't.  You need do
decrease the reflectivity, not the IoR.  The IoR controls how much light bends
when it enters a transparent material.

I don't know how to change the reflectivity in POV, but a search for "reflect"
in the file might prove enlightening.

Which makes sense when you compare the two renders and notice that the second
one (with the IoR at zero) has a much more crystal-like sceptre.

I don't know how much of an L3P-produced POV file is original POV code and how
much is L3P-generated, so I'll ask this: are either of these lines related to
the reflectivity?

#declare AMB = 0.4;
#declare DIF = 0.4;

~Mike