 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2093
Re: More color problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:48:49 GMT

   I’ll post the full render when my sluggish computer actually decides to do something here.

And here it is:

http://www.roboticsresources.com/bonereflections.jpg

The white minifig has turned out beautifully - though the sceptre isn’t as clear as I would like. Oh well. Maybe I should just stick with solid white. The problem is that any shadows make the minifig look like it’s just a stone statue. I did insert a spotlight to take away some of the shadows from that beard.

There’s one more problem, though. If you look around the centre of the picture you see the reflections of bones around the scene. Is there something I can do to eliminate these? The tan elements are supposed to represent a very dull and non-shiny surface. I have -q set at 1, so there’s not much more I can do about that. Is there something else I can insert or modify to turn down the reflections without changing the color hues or brightnesses?

-Mike