 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2095
Re: More color problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I noticed that in the radiosity code you're using option 1 for the color
library.  You could try option 2 which is Todd's LUGNET color includes

The first problem is that I don't know where to get those, and I've never
figured out whether they're included with the radiosity stuff...are they?

You might consider using shadowless lights

The problem is that the sky sphere still creates shadows. :(

Since you using the radiosity include, setting the quality to 1 won't remove the
reflections since both color library option 1 and option 2 override this.  You
can, however, set the idex of refraction lower.  The lower the value for this
number, the less shiny you brick will render.

Well, I tried that and it did make the bricks a bit duller. However, it didn't
fix the problem:

<http://www.roboticsresources.com/norefraction.jpg>

(I rendered the image smaller because I have a 450Mhz computer that I'm doing
the render on. A 640x480 image with Radiosity, 0.3 Antialiasing and -q1 takes
nearly three hours to render. At any rate, you can still see the reflections,
especially in the centre of the image)

I completely removed refraction - turned it down to 0.

Oh, that I knew a lot more about PoV-Ray...

-Mike