 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2092
Re: More color problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I found you problem Mike.   How are you telling MLCad to use Trans-White?  I suspect you're clicking Custom and then choosing Transparent.  I'm inferring this from L3P inclusion of this color:

#declare Color0x06FFFFFF

The LDraw color number is 47 (15 + 32) as referenced here:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/93

If you want to choose this color in MLCad, simply bring up the color dialog and
you'll notice a vetical slider next to the color boxes.  Slide this down one
"click" and you see all the transparent colors.  In the future, if you notice
colors with the format of 0xXXXXXXXX, you probably need to evaluate you color
choice.

To fix your scene, you need to change the sceptre and gem to color 47 and run
the model back through L3P.

-Orion

Orion,

This helps a lot - and fixes that problem. I'll remember to use the actual
transparent colors in future!

I'll post the full render when my sluggish computer actually decides to do
something here.

Thanks again,
~Mike