 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1126
Re: Wallpapers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:23:05 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:

Is there a recommended line length for LUGNET?  I don't want it to
be too wide that it wraps on other peoples,' but too narrow wraps
quoted text.  Suggestion?

Judging from your statement above, I'd say that your problem is your
user agent.  If the user agent decides to line wrap quoted text, it
should make sure to retain the quote symbols, usually ">".  My user
agent refills the quoted paragrahps to keep them below 72 characters
wide, and prefixes them with ">  ".

For what it's worth, a common standard on USENET is to keep the lines
to 72 characters or shorter.  However, you will notice that some of
the administrators frequently post lines that are close to 80
characters long, which generate problems for some people who quote
them.  In the web posting interface, you can read: "Please be
courteous and clean up any line-wrapping messes," which probably means
that it is the responsibility of the person who follow ups to fix
these problems.

Fredrik