 CAD / 7098
Re: Wallpapers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:35:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:

I'll have to look into why my L2P isn't working.

L2P is Lutz Uhlman's program for converting an LDraw .DAT file to
POV-Ray format, using the LGEO library exclusively.

I know what L2P is ;-)

You don't need to use L2P if you don't want to.

Right.

You can also use Lars C Hassing's L3P
to convert a .DAT file into POV-Ray format.  It can be setup to
automatically use LGEO for the parts that exist in this library.

Which is what I was trying to do.  I installed LGEO in the /include/ subdir
under my POV directory.  I have the latest L3P and L3PAO downloaded so the
L3P does have the replace with L2P bricks option.  When I check the box
-lgeo in L3PAO, it won't generate the file.

I don't recall trying to use LGEO before setting up L3PAO, so I'm not sure
if its a setup problem of mine or if its L3PAO.  I'll look at it more later.

BTW, are you aware that you are very frequently line wrapping the
quoted text in your follow ups?

Yes.  Seems every time I set up a new machine for LUGNET (this is my second
computer (owned by me) and probably the third or fourth time I've set up the
software (numerous reformats).  Is there a recommended line length for
LUGNET?  I don't want it to be too wide that it wraps on other peoples,' but
too narrow wraps quoted text.  Suggestion?

-Tim