 CAD / 7083
Re: Wallpapers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:54:13 GMT

"Joel Hoornbeek" <joel@webaccess.net> wrote in message
news:Gpt6DL.8LJ@lugnet.com...

Hi Joel -

This is a great scene.  Thanks for taking the time to render it.

Thanks! :-)

I really
enjoy rendered pictures of LEGO (be they of bricks or scenes) for my
desktop, but I haven't been seeing many new ones recently.  Because of • that,
I've been playing around with a couple of simple wallpapers myself.

Wow, I like!  I'm seeing the rounded edges on your parts - are you using the
L2P library, or someone elses?

I guess I don't have L2P set up right, because L3PAO won't generate the file
when I have that option checked - and I've been too lazy to go in and fix
it.

Coincidentally, two of my three are of gears also.  I did a couple of test
renders with transparent gears, but didn't feel like they were good enough
pictures to bother waiting for them to render at wallpaper-size.

Well, 1) I'm running 1ghz/256 RAM (not the latest and greatest, for a laptop
its up there), 2) My screen res is 1600x1200, so I decided I wanted to make
a wallpaper out of it, and 3) I just set it up overnight and it was done in
the morning.  Anyways, I like the look of transparent bricks - as I said, I
was inspired by the since disappeared BrickDreams site.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.
I'd like to also make a suggestion for Ldraw.org.  Would it be possible to
set up a repository of wallpaper-quality images?  I really like a lot of • the
images (scenes, especially) that are submitted for Sotm and Motm voting, • but
I find that 800x600 just doesn't work as well for my wall-papering • needs[1].
If the winners were able to submit larger versions of their entries for • use
as wallpaper, that would be very nice.

I'd have to say distant future at this point.  There's a few more critical
automation needs on the site which should be taken care of first.  Plus, I'm
tied up with a lot of site work right now that hasn't hit public view yet
(but will soon).  Its a good idea though, and if someone would like to code
it I have no objection.

1.  Ok, wants.

Haha :-)  Well, I'd like to see something like this too.  Especially more
artwork-ish than just MOCs in scenes.

-Tim