 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1797 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Hi Todd, I'd love to get a hold of the color .inc files you used, they look awesome! Could you make them available? I didn't see any posts in cad. Thanks, Gary (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: Minimum distance?

Unfortunately it does not. It was 3000 and I set it to 10000 but the all images are still the same size. Using the new version of LPup I get error messages: File 'door-l_0_01.pov was changed outside POVWIN - reload? When I click Yes to the reload (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Minimum distance?

(...) Hi Jaco, A few ideas come to mind: Does increasing the minimum camera distance help? If not, then I recommend disabling the delete of generated step DATs and generated POV files. When you rerun LPub on your model, you will get a DAT file for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Minimum distance?

Hi all, Currently I am rendering a model and it has this step in it: (URL) uses the Buffer Exchange command. I am using the great LPub for rendering my instructions, but whatever I do, this particular step keeps clipping. I tried things with minimum (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

(...) Very nice, but I could not help to notice, that you need to rotate the two perpendicular axle joiners (part 6536) holding the two rubber cables in the front of the car by 90 degres to make it accurate. In real LEGO it is not possible to mount (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

(...) Sure, I'll send you the file but I don't think my disatisfaction is due to your INC files. I think its due to my laziness in setting up the scene properly and making the proper L3P output mods. -Orion (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

I'd like to see the same if possible. Thx, Karl ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeroen de Haan" <info@digitalbricks.nl> To: <lugnet.cad@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.cad.ray@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.technic@lugnet.com> Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 2:45 PM (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

(...) Hi Orion, Will you send me the POV-file you used (zipped please) so I can find out where thing go wrong. Maybe a bug in my INC files??? Jeroen (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

(...) You can find the files in the D.I.Y. section at (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another render of set 8458

Are the actual files or process used to render this model available anywhere? I'd love to be able to apply the same settings to some of my models. Thanks, Karl ----- Original Message ----- From: "Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> To: (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Another render of set 8458

I made another render of the Silver Champion. I made several tweaks but it's still not where I want it (though it only took 2 days to render instead of 11). Check it out here: (warning 1MB pictue) (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

(...) I'm not suprised at all that higher resolution is better. More accurate information to work with. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Difficulties

(...) Hi Peter, Thanks for all the good info. What version of Windows are you running on? If you send me your DATs, I can try to run them here. Also send me your config.lpb from the LPub install directory. Kevin <snip> (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  LPub Difficulties

This may well be something very simple, but I'm not finding it. I'm trying out LPub for the first time. I had LDraw and MLCAD and had created a number of .ldr files which I wanted to run through LPub. Today I downloaded and installed POV-RAY, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champion Render

(...) Hi Orion, Looks very good! Dunno if you have an image-editor but if you lighten the midtones it looks much better. There is a lot of detail in the picture, it's just a bit dark. BTW if you render it on level 2 it will look just as good but (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champion Render

(...) It's not listed. Here's the link: (URL)!!! Do you have more than one computer, or did you do this long render by (...) I was having problems with POV-Ray crashing with an access violation when I rendered large computational projects. I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HCuoCG.17ts@lugnet.com... (...) sky, and differently colored ground could lift the picture. It is too much gray, dark gray, another gray, and so on, IMO. Despite that, I will (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champion Render

(...) That's a really great looking render. Looks like I have myself a new desktop wallpaper for a while :) Adrian -- (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champion Render

(...) One word says it all: Sweet! MM (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  8458 Silver Champion Render

Have a look at the picture: (warning 695K) (URL) used Jeroen de Haan's cust_inc library at level 3 and Mesh-Enhancer 1.0 by Dr. Lothar Teichert. I'm not entirely happy with the results but I'm not going to rerender it since it took this long: (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact