 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1782
Re: 8458 Silver Champion Render
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson writes:

The parts are of remarkable quality, is this thanks to the mesh enhancer? I
think I have to take a closer look at it, do you have a link (or is it
already linked at ldraw.org - seems to be down for the moment)?

It's not listed.  Here's the link:

http://members.aol.com/Lteichert

!!! Do you have more than one computer, or did you do this long render by
stopping and resuming? I mean, how can you be without a computer for so
long?

I was having problems with POV-Ray crashing with an access violation when I
rendered large computational projects.  I narrowed the problem to my memory,
so I bought some new and better memory.  This project was the pilot for the
new memory.  I wasn't expecting it to take as long as it did (after all I
have a P4 2.0 GHz with 1 GB of DDR333 memory) but I have my laptop which I
use most of the time anyway.

-Orion