 CAD / MLCad / 78 (-20)
  Re: Default offset for special parts

(...) Try using the fine grid. A good thing to remember is that you usually have to move the piece an even number (2, 4, 6, 8, etc) of times. To place axles, I move the axle so that it interects the hole as close as possible to where it should. Then (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Default offset for special parts

I'm a newbee in creating parts with MLCAD (a fantastic program), i find it very easy to use. It's easy to place bricks, plates, beams and other regular parts using the grid coarse, but when placing axles and other parts in beam holes, i had to swith (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

(...) Some means of requesting a cache refresh would be very useful for those times when I use MLCad to review parts I am authoring. Most time the automatic LDLite window provided by LDAO is OK, but occasionally I need to see several views and MLCad (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I'd be happy with no refresh or a manual refresh on submodel images... it's fast enough to go out and come back in, that doing that would be good enough. Most of the time when I actually care about the images for submodels it's because I built all (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

Currently MlCad scannes a .dat file on its first access and cashes its data, these data are used for the preview which is not a problem since the data of a dat file do not change (at least not for MLCad during run-time). But the sub-models you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: converting BMP's to *.DAT help

1 pixel of your image corresponds to one stud. Michael Michael Horvath wrote in message ... (...) correlation (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

  converting BMP's to *.DAT help

When converting bitmaps to DAT files in MLCAD, is there a direct correlation between the pixel width and height of the image and the output file's dimensions measured in stud-widths? Or, is this relationship more or less uncontrollable? Thanks for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I thought the previews were "canned". I wouldn't mind a similar ability to can sub-model images. In other words, put the burden of updating on the user. Not having any way to get a preview image is pretty frustrating, especially if you do a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) You might want to check into a proposal Jeremy Sproat made in July, for a 0 CMDLINE meta-command, which would specify (default) viewing parameters for a file, in the same format as the LDraw command-line. Tore Eriksson used 0 CMDLINE in some (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) Ahh, "tagged" information then, in other words? :) Cool....... --Todd (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) It would be better (IMO) to format non-LDraw information as LDraw-style meta-commands, and keep everything in the DAT format. That gives the file the widest transportability between programs. Steve (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:FMzp8A.HGF@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) rendering (...) LDLite already does this to a degree with its color, rotate, translate, etc. commands. If you allow the user to save as a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

This seems to be a bug, I will look at it, beside this I will take over the strategy suggested by Bram with using COLOR meta commands ... Michael Will Hess wrote in message ... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

Michael, I can understand the need to use hex to define custom (non-TLC produced) colors, and I'm sure that you'll find a way to fix this. What I'd like to know is why the transparent versions of the standard colors are now saved in this manner. Now (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Loader)

(...) I suggest defining the custom colors the way LDLite does, ie: 0 COLOR ... That way, you can still use the color numbers in the .dat lines so that the file will still work in LDraw and LEdit, except that the colors will be off. --Bram Bram (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

(...) LDraw (...) I like it very much thank-you. (...) I think that: 1) The file format should be .mlc to retain 8.3 compatibility for those of us who are used to it. 2) You should not have to export the file to save as a DAT. Simply make DAT an (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

Ok my friends, whats up now ... 1) The color requester: Beside the problem of not beeing compatible to LDraw for the moment how do you like the new color box and dialogs? 2) The compatibility problem will be solved with the next version which should (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

Ok I understand, you still want backwards compatible files ... No problem ... I suggest a new file format extension for future MLCad versions: ".mlcad" ... default extension for any sort of MLCad files with export functions for ".mpd" and ".dat" (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) rendering (...) If this were to be implemented would MLCad still have an option to save in a standard DAT format (no hex code, etc) to allow for sharing MOC's with the majority of LEGO Cad users? I would love the ability to save my models as (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact