 CAD / MLCad / 60
Re: General Comments to MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:24:32 GMT

Ok I understand, you still want backwards compatible files ... No problem

I suggest a new file format extension for future MLCad versions:
".mlcad" ... default extension for any sort of MLCad files with export
functions for ".mpd" and ".dat" where all enhancements are removed from the
file.

Any problem you would see with that?

Michael

Michael Lachmann wrote in message ...
Since I got various responses and comments since the last version, I will
try to explain some things here and also try to start some sort of interest
collection.

Version 1.6 and custom colors:
It is true that custom colors are not useable for LView or LEdit since the
custom colors are none-compatible extensions to the file format.
When using "custom" or "redefined" colors you have to use MLCad to view the
model.

I will talk to Paul Gyugyi (the author of LDLite) if we could work together
and maybe take over the same settings and features. Where my opinion is • that
LDLite should be a very fast viewer in the future and MLCad should
concentrate more on edit a model than on viewing it.
I believe a interworking version of MLCad and LDLite would have the best
future ... since LDLite could concentate on viewing and maybe introduce
hardware excelleration like DirectX and OpenGL.

However I think it's time to also introduce a new dat format which is not
compatible to the LEdit/LView anymore which could allow to specify • rendering
and viewing options as well as color definitions and other things.

Please tell me what you think about all that, and maybe we should start a
discussion here :-)

Michael