 CAD / MLCad / 728 (-20)
  Re: Line Thickness

(...) Well, after rendering at 300% and then scaling the images down again, I achieved an effect like that of anti aliasing. If I hadn't scaled down the image, the effect would simply be "thicker lines", as you say. It all depends on the useage of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Line Thickness

(...) Oh, I agree totally. (except do you mean anti aliasing? I'd call it "thicker lines") The images are very nice indeed. My issue is that I can't get a clean rendering of every step in every submodel of an MPD without jumping through some severe (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Line Thickness

(...) I've used this feature in LDLITE, and I'd say it's a great way to achieve an anti aliasing effect on the renderings. You simply render at 300%, say, with thick lines enabled. Then you scale down the resulting image. Here are a couple of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

(...) No, L3P uses the LDraw coordinate system. This was an important design goal. L2P (LGEO) uses its own coordinate system. Otherwise a good description. You might also want to tell about the QUAL and STUDS variables in the POV file, used for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) Hi Derick, I'll try to explain how I go about doing that kind of work. I recently build the 8880 which needed a lot of angle adjustements. First step: Open a new file - set the grid mode to coarse. Now let's say the beam of your crane is 8 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) Like Lar, I set the fine rotation to something smaller than 15 degrees. However, I also move the center of rotation (little square on the center of the part) to the approximate correct position. I then click the button which looks like a brick (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

The file is 3.5kb - it must be the crane site that's slowing the D/L Ahhhh - I didn't realize that I could change the granularity of the "fine Grid" rotation... Many thanks, Lar! -Derick (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) How close are you looking to get? (very slow link right now, so didn't try to download the file you have so far) (...) When I need to rotate parts I hardly ever use the rotation/position menu. I just go into fine mode (you can set the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw Installation

(...) Get yourself a recent copy of WinZip and you can specify exactly where things get unzipped to. Hope that helps, if not, ask again. ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Line Thickness

A few days ago I described in passing my desire for thicker lines in renderings, perhaps as an option. I'm wondering how hard of an enhancement that would be? I've spent a little time with LDLite and it's difficult to get the same easy renderings of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Newbie help request.... rotation

My first foray into MLCAD seems to have been ill-chosen for its' difficulty - I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help. The dat file in question is here: (URL) model is a short length of reinforced bridge span, in one dimension, that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Merry Christmas

Wow! Merry Christmas, Michael. :-) Best of Luck with the little one... -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@lm...tware.com> (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Merry Christmas

I wish everyone a merry christmas! For us (my wife and me) it's already christmas since we got a little baby boy called Florian two days ago :-)))))) I've to say sorry for any delay happening now - but suddenly we are a bit busy now (I realized that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  LDraw Installation

I hate to ask an obvious question, but I can't seem to figure it out. How do you extract the MLCAD zip file to the LDraw directory? Thanks Steve (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD ideas for part authoring

I have a suggestion for making MLCAD more useful for part authoring. It would be cool if there were a special mode for part authoring. While in this mode, instead of the part lists to the left, you would have primitive and subfile lists. The same (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  ATTENTION NEW WEB-SITE AND E-MAILS

As from today all requests to the old home-page are forwared to my new web-server! The new web-addresses are: Home-Page: (URL) MLCad : (URL) lot of redesigns will happen in the next weeks on this server ... My new e-mail addresses are: (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Yes - It would be great to have a camera file. We would need a "lookat" file as well. Thanks again Michael for such an excellent piece of software. I have to say that (besides LEGO), its one of the best toys I've ever had! Brad Michael Lachmann (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org announces new MLCad subdomain and re-organization of resources

Alright, alright, nevermind. I was mis-remembering what version I was running. The jump from 1.9 to 1.99 confused me. That, and the fact that I just work up... I am running the newest version... <sigh> Can't wait for the next one Michael! You are (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org announces new MLCad subdomain and re-organization of resources

The new site looks great, but I have one little question. I am currently running MLCAD 1.99R4, but when I follow the link from mlcad.ldraw.org to Michael's site, I can only find MLCAD 1.99R1. Is there a reason for this? -Andy Lynch ----- Original (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org announces new MLCad subdomain and re-organization of resources

For the past week, I have been working with Michael Lachmann and Jacob Sparre Andersen to give LDraw.org a more MLCad focus. We are proud to announce the new subdomain at LDraw.org: (URL) notice there's not much there yet. Because of some unforseen (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact